Friday, January 27, 2012

Keeping the Moon ~ Book Review

Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen
Book Review by Olivia Ashcraft
Welcome to my first ever book review on this blog! About a year ago I had a book review blog, but I let it get away from me. I hope to start posting book reviews here now! Enjoy! (Just a note, I will try to have no spoilers! I really don't like it when someone tells me what happens in a book, so I'll be kind and tell you if the review includes spoilers.)

I have read other books by Sarah Dessen (most recently Dreamland before Keeping the Moon). I really love her books and this was no exception!

Colie has been left at her aunt's house for the summer and expects the worst. Colie is unsure of herself because of her previous 'Fat Years' as her and her mom (Kiki Sparks, a weight-loss guru) call them. Her first night in Colby she meets two waitresses, Morgan and Isabel, at Last Chance, a local restaurant. Morgan then offers Colie a job, and Colie accepts. Things start to look up when the three begin to know each other. Colie is finding herself and seeing what she really is. After a summer of some casual mentoring about love and friendship from Morgan and Colie, Colie has changed forever.

I rate it a 4.5 out of 5. It has some chance of being re-read, but with so many books I want to read, I doubt it!

I hope you liked my book review and read the book yourself. Comment with a link to your blog post if you read it and post a review.

Happy reading!
Olivia
Post a Comment