Saturday, May 12, 2012

Room Redo: The Beginning

In the past few months, I have been planning on how I would like to redo my room. I've seriously meant to post about this since, like, January or February... and now I've finally gotten around to it!

I've had my room the way it is since I was eight, so it's past due being updated to something more mature. My room was inspired by a comforter I had from Tommy Hilfiger, and it was super cute for my eight year old self, but once I entered middle school I knew I was outgrowing it.

Right now my room looks pretty crazy. I have about four different themes clashing. My Tommy Hilfiger inspired wall paintings. Redneck chandelier. Houndstooth.Owl stuffed animal from a Target collection.Custom green and pink curtains and matching pillow. Crazy, huh?

So I've been searching on Pinterest for months, trying to find something that I immediately loved. I finally found this awesome room. And I totally fell in love with it.

Source: whatever
I love how it has a vintage feel while still incorporating the funky bed spread and curtains. And I love the trunk. And the lamp. And the wall art collage. And I just love it. It's just so stinkin' happy... and me. It's a little bit of everything!

So here's what my room looks like right now. Very yellow (the exposure was way too high... sorry!).
1.Redneck chandelier
2. View from my bedroom door
3. Door painting
4. My bed
5. Tommy Hilfiger inspired wall painting
6. Closet and desk
7. More Tommy Hilfiger inspired wall painting
8. Dresser
9. Desk and dresser
10. Dry-erase board
11. Jewelry 

So far we've rearranged my room, took out the desk, removed the dry-erase board, and tried out a few paint colors behind my door. I'll post more updated pictures soon. :)

We plan to do the official redo this summer, and I can't wait!

 Olivia
Post a Comment